Welcome to Kids of Courage! This form is your first step in becoming part of the most adventurous family in the world. We need about 30 minutes of your time to complete the application form. We realize this form might be long, but please try to fill out as much as possible and applicable, so that we can expedite your application.
All volunteers require an interview. Though we accept applications throughout the year, interviews are only conducted in a specific time period. Keep an eye on your inbox at the start of the calendar year for more info. Looking forward!
In case you have questions of any kind, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michele at our office (516) 612-8844
If you’re interested in being a volunteer other than a counselor, we will be in touch with you to discuss opportunities.
Do you need more information?
Acceptance is handled by the division heads. Every application is handled with utmost confideniality.
The following criteria are generally used for counselors and rotators:
- Age: 18 years and up (counselors up to 25 years)
- Start date: around the Summer trip.
- Outgoing yet responsible personality (make us laugh, please).
- You must undergo an in-person interview with a division head, typically scheduled between February and April.
- Willing to provide references and undergo a background check.
- Prior camp or educational experience, preferably with sick children.
- Willing to volunteer throughout the year, and be a Big Brother/Sister for a camper.
- Eligibility for other departments (medical, logistics, media, operational, entertainment) is different and will be handled by the heads of those departments.